To be honest, I love preparing cleaning products at home, the reason is simple, I think that homemade products are less dangerous for our Pitbulls, for example my dog loves her toothpaste, even I do not have with her any problem with cleaning her ears, because of the products, all of them are made with all-natural ingredients.
In my experience I have tried with many chemicals and all of them produced soreness, redness and my Pitbull began to scratch her muzzle and ears, and started to hate “cleaning time” and all this stuff makes me nervous.
The purpose of this publication today is to give everyone some recipes to prepare safe products for our Pitbulls. People sometimes think that Pitbulls are so rude in all aspects even with their resistance to some chemicals, however the reality is totally different, because Pitbull’s skin is so sensitive to sun, sand and water’s chlorine.
If you want a healthy Pitbull you must avoid products with these ingredients:
- Glycol Ethers
Today I going to share with all of you some homemade products to bathe and clean your Pitbull.
Shampoo made with castile oil, vinegar and water
This recipe is for an all-purpose shampoo, could be useful also if your dog is infected with fleas or to treat skin problems like dry skin.
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of castile soap flakes or also you can use 2 to 3 tablespoons of liquid castile soap. Many people prefer baby shampoo instead of the castile soap, in this case that is up to you!
- 4 cups of hot water and stir the ingredients
- Finally add a spoon of white or apple cider vinegar and mix
Homemade Dog Toothpaste
Many people think that they can use the standard toothpaste on their dogs, nonetheless this is a great mistake because all the ingredients that our toothpaste has are poisonous for dogs.
With this easy recipe, you can fresh up your dog’s breath.
- 1 tablespoon of chicken broth (without salt or onion)
- 1 spoonful of powdered mint or some other aromatic herb as parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
In my case my dog’s favorite one, is made with stevia for the sweet taste, here in the next paragraph is the recipe.
- 4 tablespoons of crushed stevia leaves
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 15 drops of edible aromatic oils as a coconut oil.
It is known that sweets are unhealthy and poisonous for dogs, in this case stevia is one natural sweetener edible for dogs with many benefits, so it is important to know that Stevia leaf eliminates the bacteria responsible for plaque and bad breath, also a leaf extract from the Stevia can eliminate fungi. Do not use the sachets those are with chemicals, always use the natural stevia leaves.
Homemade Dog Ear Cleaner
Pitbull’s ears are so sensitive, even if they were trimmed when they were puppies, if we use many chemicals to clean them we are triggering an unbearable situation for them , because the chemical cause itching, that is why many Pitbulls shows aggression when their owners want to clean their ears.
There are two soft recipes to clean their ears and they will fell comfortable with it.
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon clean water
- 1 teaspoon 3 % hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon clean water
All those recipes are really easy to prepare at home and your Pitbull will really appreciate.